Each year the Catholic Diocese of Christchurch Commission for Justice and
Peace (CCJP) organises an Essay and Multimedia Contest. The contest
invites students from our Catholic Schools in the Diocese to think about
Social Issues and exposes them to Catholic Social Teaching.
This competition is an initiative of the CCJP and is based on the topic of Caritas 2017 Social Justice Week
Suggested Readings and Resources
- Compendium of Catholic Social Teaching, Catechism of the Catholic Church, http://www.caritas.org.nz/parishes/social-justice-week/social-justice-week-2017,
- The CCJP’s publication, DIGNITAS HUMANA, November 2015, www.chchjusticepeace.nz/
- The Contest is open to all Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Christchurch and is divided into three Categories:
Years 7-8, Years 9-10, Years 11-13.
There is one prize for each category and all entries will be awarded a certificate of participation. For the Years 11 – 13 category, the J&P Cup will also be awarded (which is held by the College until the next contest).
- The entry can be an essay (word limit 1500) or any multimedia presentation, e.g. Powerpoint, movie, or song (of no more than 5 minutes).
- The winning entry is the one judged to have best incorporated Catholic Social Teaching and principles in the presentation or essay.
- Entries are to be submitted by 19th October 2018 via the College’s DRS who will forward the entries in electronic form to. The entrant’s name, school and class year are to be clearly recorded.
- The Commission reserve all rights to use the winning entries for publicity. Competition entries must not breach any copyright.